29.9.08

Berlin, Germany

This is a monument dedicated to all the Jewish people who were killed in the Holocaust. Each block represented 2,000 people.


This is "Check-point Charlie" where people in West Berlin could get a stamp for one day. People in East Berlin couldn't pass through to West Berlin.

This is the remains of the Berlin wall. It was unreal to see this. It is the longest standing part of the wall. Pretty breath-taking.




So I couldn't believe it when I saw the price tage for this Bugatti car. $2 million...Unreal to think that people spend this much. I love my 1996 Honda with 200,000 miles + on it:)

We were pretty excited to see a USA flag flying around. This was the US Embassy!



3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Wow, those blocks were sobering. I bet even more so in person. Thanks for the reminder and wonderful pix! Looks like you are having so much fun making memories!
Love ya,
Travis

Lisa said...

So good to see a post from ya! Oh, the blocks put a pit in my stomach, I can't imagine being there. love to see you and your family having a great time!!!
My boys are all over the car!!!! love ya girl
lisa

Emily said...

Wow...I can't even grasp the magnitude of the holocaust..that must have been hard to see. It was good to see your post! Hannah asks about Lucy all of the time!
Love ya,
Emily

Happy Halloween

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Well I am a mother of 2 kiddos. Lucy is 4 and Lincoln is 2. They are on the go ALL the time. By time Nick gets home from work, I am ready for bed. We are here in Germany for a year with Nick's work. It's going well. I am trying to enjoy the time we have here. There is so much to see and do and so much to take in. I thought I would do this blog so everyone could take a minute to see how we are!