5.9.08

Lucy's first day of school






So yesterday after my meltdown, and reading my blog and realizing that I was very lucky to have Lucy home one more week...I told Lucy that she started school tomorrow...which is today! We got all ready by putting her hair up in rollers, laying out her uniform and praying for a good first day. She was ready to go out the door this morning even before I took the rollers out of her hair. It made it alot easier on me knowing how excited she was. We got there and she found her cubby, put her things in it, gave me a hug and kiss and told me "I'll be just fine mom, you go to the gym." And that was it. She went right into it with a smile on her face and got a book and sat down and started reading. It was wonderful knowing that she do this all on her own! Here are a few pictures.

6 comments:

Emily said...

How sweet! I can't believe our little girls are growing up so fast! It is so much fun to read about what you guys are up to! We miss you...Hannah keeps asking when we can go to Lucy's house!

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is so precious tat she wa so excited!! And cute too :) Praying she has a great first day!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ok, I typed that on my maptop. I am not really that bad...

THAT and WAS

Football and Fried Rice said...

..my LAPtop..I am quitting now,this is getting ridiculous!

sweetander said...

I was thinking about you guys after dropping Abby off at preschool wondering how it went, but I forgot my cellphone and couldn't call. I was a little panicked that something might happen and they wouldn't be able to get ahold of me, but she did great! I can't believe Kindergarten is only a year away... Miss you lots...

Prachar family said...

Way to find the bright side!! What a gift, time is priceless, you got a whole extra week! Seems like she is adjusting so well!
Travis

Happy Halloween

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Well I am a mother of 2 kiddos. Lucy is 4 and Lincoln is 2. They are on the go ALL the time. By time Nick gets home from work, I am ready for bed. We are here in Germany for a year with Nick's work. It's going well. I am trying to enjoy the time we have here. There is so much to see and do and so much to take in. I thought I would do this blog so everyone could take a minute to see how we are!