14.9.08

Strasboug, France

The French border is only a couple hours from here so we went into France and I was expecting at the border to pull your car over and have it inspected and I even asked Nick if there was a place to park your car and walk across. Not so much. There wasn't even an area to pull over. No border patrol...really. The colored structure that I took a picture of was where we entered France. It was a beautiful little town...minus the RAIN! I guess you can't let that stop you from doing anything here.
When we got home we asked Lucy what her favorite part of the day was and we were expecting to hear the candy store or jumping in all the water puddles. Nope...it was eating at McDonalds. How wonderful. Here we are exploring Europe and the BEST is eating there. Nick and I's favorite part was visiting the cathedral there. It is the Cathedral of Notre Dame and oh my. It was breath taking. It was pretty dark in there so we didn't get very good pictures. Lucy and Nick lit a candle for baby Brecken and then we said a prayer for all our friends and family. We even got to experience mass in french.
Overall, this was a great place. It was nice to hear another language and see all the great little shops along the river.
What a great weekend we had!!















4 comments:

Prachar family said...

I know what you mean about the border...weird isn't it?? We got around on train when I went, and I was amazed to awaken in another country and not get roused before then when we crossed the border. Sort of anticlimactic isn't it?? I love your pictures! Breathtaking. What an opportunity this year is for you!
Travis

Lisa said...

Kids are amazing, you go to France and see things that others, like me, would love too, and Lucy's favorite place was McDonald's!!! I love it!! Oh, the pictures are great, you are having a year long vacation. Keep enjoying every minute of it and thank you for sharing it with all of us!!!
love ya girl

Football and Fried Rice said...

You got some gorgeous pictures! The structures over there are really something to be amazed by!

I know what you mean about the kids' favorite part - $5,000 at Disney World & their favorite part was swimming at the hotel pool.....

Marner Family said...

Molly, you guy's need to head to Pohlheim (close to Giessen and Frankfurt) A very best friend of mine is from there. She is the one I told you could teach you German before you left. My brother helps tend bar there for fun when he goes to visit. Wish I could visit! Take care, love the updates. -berly

Happy Halloween

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Well I am a mother of 2 kiddos. Lucy is 4 and Lincoln is 2. They are on the go ALL the time. By time Nick gets home from work, I am ready for bed. We are here in Germany for a year with Nick's work. It's going well. I am trying to enjoy the time we have here. There is so much to see and do and so much to take in. I thought I would do this blog so everyone could take a minute to see how we are!