14.10.08

Prayers from all my blogger buddies!

Hello to all. I wasn't going to write about this because I thought this would get better a LONG time ago...and it's not.
Lucy started school loving it and it's gone down hill ever since. I just picture her running into school, taking her jacket off, and eager to learn. Not here.
There are 4 girls in her class and she is the new one. The other ones have known each other for a long time. She is the new girl and knows LITTLE german. They speak english in school and then on the playground they speak german to each other. She asks them to play and they tell her no. The teachers are well aware of this issue and really aren't doing anything about it.
The other night Lucy went to be saying that she doesn't want to go to school and I asked her why and she told Nick and I "because nobody likes me." Now you talk about a knife through your heart. It was then.
I've talked to the other moms and they always want to have Lucy over for a playdate but Lucy doesn't want to go over to anyone's house? Can you blame her? I sure can't. I tell her that she will make friends that way and she just tells me that she has friend in Iowa...which is very true but I feel like maybe she's not trying very hard at this either.
They almost bully her and when we drop her off in the morning she will hide behind me. I am losing my mind over this. This is not the Lucy I know.
I know this is just pre-school and she's not in 3rd grade. I realize that things like this are going to happen. Just didn't think at 4 years old. I guess girls aren't very welcoming. I just didn't think at 4 years old.
One girl went as far as to tell her that she couldn't even walk across the street with her after school yesterday and her mom just smiled.
Now, I put her in school for the social part of it and she really isn't getting this. I FOR SURE thought she would make friends by now.
She tells me how school is boring and she's trying really hard to make friends but nobody will play with her. AHHHH.
She's invited to a birthday party this weekend and you really think I want her to go? Heck no. But she is really looking forward to it and I think it's because it's a party! What 4 year old doesn't want to go to a party?
Well anyway, I just wanted everyone to pray for this situation and hope that it will get better. I know it will. It's just very hard to see her like this. Lucy isn't shy. She's like her mom and would make friends with the leaves blowing down the street:)
I will keep you all updated and hopefully the next time I blog about this...it will be GOOD!
I just can't believe such a silly school with silly girls. I guess that girls though?!

10 comments:

Prachar family said...

Oh, Molly, my heart is breaking! I will certainly be praying for Lucy. How hard for you and her. Girls can be so mean...I just never dreamed it started this early! I wish we could change that!
Travis
((hugs to Lucy and you))

Marner Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marner Family said...

I wish we were closer, but will hold you up in prayer here in Iowa. My face is just full of tears for you and Lucy. I think you are doing good, keep praying, we will keep praying, and God will shine through this. -b

safmomma said...

I'm so sorry! My heart aches for you and Lucy. We are lifting you both up.

Deb said...

I am so sorry this is happening! It is so terrible as a mother to see your daughter suffering because of other kids! I will be praying for you and Lucy. It will be so good for you guys to come home for a little while! Love you guys!

MillerFam said...

Molly, this is horrible. I can't stand to see any child left out. I am praying for you and hope this situation gets better soon.
Natasha

Emily said...

That makes me so sad! My heart just breaks for your sweet little girl...I can only imagine how you feel about it! Know that we will be praying for you guys! Tell Lucy we love her and Hannah misses her (she still talks about Lucy A LOT!)
Emily

sweetander said...

I'm so sad that it's still happening:( Never mind writing, I'm just calling you to talk.

sweetander said...

OK...I'm searching everywhere for your phone number and I can't find it! I know I stored it in my phone, but I can't find it, and I only have your address written down. CALL ME!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Molly,

MY heart broke when I read this & my first reaction was full of anger and sadness. I wanted the pain to stop for her right THEN.

Then, I thought about Jesus. Not exactly the most popular fella on the playground. He was an outcast. He was different. He was un-liked. He was mocked. He was even despised and he was crucified. I don't think he calls us all to be martyrs for his name, but he does call us to be different. And we will be blessed for excelling in those challenges..

Hug Little Lucy & tell her to hang in there & be like Jesus!!

Love,
Sara

p.s. and WHAT is not to love about Lucy???? I bet she will be best friends by Christmas with half of these girls!

Happy Halloween

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Well I am a mother of 2 kiddos. Lucy is 4 and Lincoln is 2. They are on the go ALL the time. By time Nick gets home from work, I am ready for bed. We are here in Germany for a year with Nick's work. It's going well. I am trying to enjoy the time we have here. There is so much to see and do and so much to take in. I thought I would do this blog so everyone could take a minute to see how we are!